Highclere Society Summer Barbecue 2013
This page shows all Highclere Society Events as well as a selection of those of other local organisations. Please go to the Highclere Village Website for a full diary of village events (e.g. Village Hall events, Highclere Film Club and so on). There are also weekly 'Walking for Health' events locally - see news item
|Fri 27th||Walking for Health||10.30am starting at The Rampant Cat, Broad Layings, Woolton Hill. A gentle 2.5 mile walk - see news item.|
|Sun 29th||Palm Sunday Procession||From Highclere Cricket Ground to St Michael and All Angels' Church - see news item.|
|Thur 2nd||Highclere Film Club||7.30pm for 8pm, Village Hall. The Hundred Foot Journey - a family flees India and sets up a restauarant in France|
|Fri 10th||Gardeners Question Time||7pm Highclere Church. A distinguished panel of experts answer your questions. £15 in aid of the Church. Contact Jo Walsh (tel: 255013) to book.|
|Mon 13th||Spring Golf Day||West Berkshire Gold Club, Chaddleworth - see news page.|
|Sat 13th||Highclere Church Fete||The usual mix of stalls. Please contact Jackie on 255207 if you are able to help.|
|Sun 28th||Society Summer Barbecue||A date for your diary - more information later.|
Some earlier events
- Sat 7th Feb: Annual Wine Tasting Quiz; 70 members in 9 teams - read report
- Sat 27th Dec: The 30th annual village charity Christmas walk; £802 raised for Anna's Challenges - read report
- Wed 17th Dec: Highclere Christmas Carol Singers; money collected for Cancer Research - read report
- Thur 6th Nov: AGM including a talk by Chris Boulton, CEO of Greenham Common Trust - read report
- Fri 26th Sep: Highclere Society Autumn golf tournament at Sherdfield Oaks - read report
- Sun 29th Jun: The Society's annual barbecue. Held at The Shielings - read report.
- Tue 3rd Jun: Highclere Parish Assembly - held in the Dunlop Room, Highclere Church.
- Mon 7th Apr: Spring Golf Day - a re-run of last October's abandoned match at Marlborough - read report
- Sat 15th Mar: Annual Wine Tasting Quiz - a popular sell out event - read report
- Fri 27th Dec: The Annual Charity Walk - this raised £600 for The Ark Cancer Centre - read report
- Thur 7th Nov: Annual General Meeting - after the formal meeting Diane Mitchell, Chief Guide, talked about Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey)
- Sun 30th June: The summer Barbeque - read report
- Sun 2nd June: The annual cricket match Highclere vs. East Woodhay
- Fri 19th Apr: Spring Golf Day. Decent weather for this re-run of the previously abandoned event - read report
- Thur 14th Feb: Wine Tasting 'Call My Bluff' Quiz. A keenly fought contest and a great evening - read report
- Thur 27th Dec: Charity Christmas Walk: £450 raised for local charity - read report
- Fri 7th Dec: Wassail Evening held in the village hall
- Sat 10th Nov: a successful Motown Night - read report
- Thur 29th Nov: AGM - new appointments, charity cheque, broadband update - read report
- Mon 24th Sept: The Autumn Golf Day at Crookham - due to heavy rain this was abandoned after five holes. We will reschedule for Spring 2013 - read note
- Sat 2nd June: Diamond Jubilee Picnic Party - an enjoyable event despite the soggy weather - read report
- 2nd - 5th June: "Flowers of the Crown" - the village's fantastic and highly acclaimed flower festival in the church.
- Sun 27th May: "One World", a world tour in music and prose by Watership Cantabile. Proceeds to Living Paintings, our charity of the year - see report and About Living Paintings by Christine Leah (PDF).
- Thu 10th May: Parish Annual Assembly - read report
- Mon 16th April: Spring Golf Day at Test Valley Golf Club - read report
- Sat 3rd March: Barn Dance, Highclere Village Hall
- Thur 16th February: Defibrillator Training - read report
- Thur 2nd February: 'Call My Bluff' Wine Quiz - read report.
- Tues 27th December: Annual Village Christmas Walk in aid of Jacks Place - read report.
- Thur 24th November: The Society's AGM. News of a new AED and support for charities - read report.
- Sat 12th November: 'Broadway themed' evening Party to celebrate the Society's 15th birthday - read report.
- Thur 29th September: Society golf day at Sherfield Oaks, Basingstoke - read report.
- Mon 4th April: Society golf day at Weybrook Golf Club, Basingstoke - read report.
- Thurs 17th February: A wine quiz in the village hall. Great fun was had by all in trying to "spot the wine" - read report.
- Monday 27th December: The Annual Village Christmas Walk. A circular walk from the Red House - read report.
- Thursday 18th November: AGM with donation to Help The Heros and a talk on sustainable homes - see photo.
- Monday 8th November: Society Golf Day at Goring & Streatley - read report.
- Sunday 20th June: The Society's annual summer social event: this year a hogroast - read report.
- Monday 12th April: Highclere Society Golf Day at Ogbourne Downs - read report.
- Saturday 27th Feb: Ceilidh and Barn Dance Band - a sell out!
- Sunday 27th December: 25th Annual Charity Walk. Over 300 attended. Read report and see photo.
- Thursday 12th November: The Society's AGM, with crime becoming a heightened concern. Read report.
- Monday 5th Oct: Golf day at The Hampshire just outside Andover. Read report.
- Sunday 28th June: Hog Roast. The usual format with a 'gazebo village' to protect us from the sun! Read report.
- Sunday 14th June: 'Parsons Pleasure' - a celebration in music and words of the Revd Tim Horsington's 25 years as rector
- Monday 31st Mar: Golf Day - at Marlborough. The 5th one to date. Read report
- Saturday 5th Feb: Wine Tasting - with wines from the boutique vineyards in South Africa Read report
- Saturday 27th Dec: Annual Christmas Charity Walk - in aid of The Stroke Association. Read details
- Monday 6th Oct: Society Golf Day - some good scores Read report
- Sunday 29th June: Cricket Match at Malverleys - a tie! Read report
- Sunday 21st June: Summer Fizz - breezy but bright. Popular as ever; sold out! Read report
- Monday 31st March: Golf Day - a great time had by all. Read report
- Thursday 14th Feb: Valentine's Quiz Night - 'Call my bluff' for (wine) lovers. Read report