Highclere Society Summer Barbecue 2013
This page shows all Highclere Society Events as well as a selection of those of other local organisations. Please go to the Highclere Village Website for a full diary of village events (e.g. Village Hall events, Highclere Film Club and so on).
|Sat 7th||Highclere Church Fete||2pm. As always, there are lots of ways to support the fete and offers of help are always appreciated. Please contact Jo Walsh on 01635 255013 if you are able to offer some help.|
|Sat 21st||The Watermill comes to Highclere||7.30pm Village Hall. An exciting new production 'Hard-Boiled' by The Watermill Theatre's on tour company.|
|Sun 29th||Annual BBQ||This year's popular event will be held at The Shieling, Hollington Lane. More details later.|
Some earlier events
- Sat 15th Mar: Annual Wine Tasting Quiz - a popular sell out event - read report
- Fri 27th Dec: The Annual Charity Walk - this raised £600 for The Ark Cancer Centre - read report
- Thur 7th Nov: Annual General Meeting - after the formal meeting Diane Mitchell, Chief Guide, talked about Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey)
- Sun 30th June: The summer Barbeque - read report
- Sun 2nd June: The annual cricket match Highclere vs. East Woodhay
- Fri 19th Apr: Spring Golf Day. Decent weather for this re-run of the previously abandoned event - read report
- Thur 14th Feb: Wine Tasting 'Call My Bluff' Quiz. A keenly fought contest and a great evening - read report
- Thur 27th Dec: Charity Christmas Walk: £450 raised for local charity - read report
- Fri 7th Dec: Wassail Evening held in the village hall
- Sat 10th Nov: a successful Motown Night - read report
- Thur 29th Nov: AGM - new appointments, charity cheque, broadband update - read report
- Mon 24th Sept: The Autumn Golf Day at Crookham - due to heavy rain this was abandoned after five holes. We will reschedule for Spring 2013 - read note
- Sat 2nd June: Diamond Jubilee Picnic Party - an enjoyable event despite the soggy weather - read report
- 2nd - 5th June: "Flowers of the Crown" - the village's fantastic and highly acclaimed flower festival in the church.
- Sun 27th May: "One World", a world tour in music and prose by Watership Cantabile. Proceeds to Living Paintings, our charity of the year - see report and About Living Paintings by Christine Leah (PDF).
- Thu 10th May: Parish Annual Assembly - read report
- Mon 16th April: Spring Golf Day at Test Valley Golf Club - read report
- Sat 3rd March: Barn Dance, Highclere Village Hall
- Thur 16th February: Defibrillator Training - read report
- Thur 2nd February: 'Call My Bluff' Wine Quiz - read report.
- Tues 27th December: Annual Village Christmas Walk in aid of Jacks Place - read report.
- Thur 24th November: The Society's AGM. News of a new AED and support for charities - read report.
- Sat 12th November: 'Broadway themed' evening Party to celebrate the Society's 15th birthday - read report.
- Thur 29th September: Society golf day at Sherfield Oaks, Basingstoke - read report.
- Mon 4th April: Society golf day at Weybrook Golf Club, Basingstoke - read report.
- Thurs 17th February: A wine quiz in the village hall. Great fun was had by all in trying to "spot the wine" - read report.
- Monday 27th December: The Annual Village Christmas Walk. A circular walk from the Red House - read report.
- Thursday 18th November: AGM with donation to Help The Heros and a talk on sustainable homes - see photo.
- Monday 8th November: Society Golf Day at Goring & Streatley - read report.
- Sunday 20th June: The Society's annual summer social event: this year a hogroast - read report.
- Monday 12th April: Highclere Society Golf Day at Ogbourne Downs - read report.
- Saturday 27th Feb: Ceilidh and Barn Dance Band - a sell out!
- Sunday 27th December: 25th Annual Charity Walk. Over 300 attended. Read report and see photo.
- Thursday 12th November: The Society's AGM, with crime becoming a heightened concern. Read report.
- Monday 5th Oct: Golf day at The Hampshire just outside Andover. Read report.
- Sunday 28th June: Hog Roast. The usual format with a 'gazebo village' to protect us from the sun! Read report.
- Sunday 14th June: 'Parsons Pleasure' - a celebration in music and words of the Revd Tim Horsington's 25 years as rector
- Monday 31st Mar: Golf Day - at Marlborough. The 5th one to date. Read report
- Saturday 5th Feb: Wine Tasting - with wines from the boutique vineyards in South Africa Read report
- Saturday 27th Dec: Annual Christmas Charity Walk - in aid of The Stroke Association. Read details
- Monday 6th Oct: Society Golf Day - some good scores Read report
- Sunday 29th June: Cricket Match at Malverleys - a tie! Read report
- Sunday 21st June: Summer Fizz - breezy but bright. Popular as ever; sold out! Read report
- Monday 31st March: Golf Day - a great time had by all. Read report
- Thursday 14th Feb: Valentine's Quiz Night - 'Call my bluff' for (wine) lovers. Read report